2K Sports upcoming wrestling game, WWE 2K17, will get even bigger with the announcement of the newest downloadable content. The sports video game publisher revealed details about the DLC together with announcements of the Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition.
WWE 2K17 will have a slew of enhancements with the new DLCs shown below. This will give wrestling gamers a lot more content to enjoy their game better.
The NXT Enhancement Pack – $9.99 (PS4 and Xbox One)
- Access to the Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura as playable wrestlers.
- Get 50 percent more points at the NXT level in My Career
NXT Legacy Pack – $4.99 (PS3 and Xbox 360)
- Similar to the DLC above, but will only showcase the wrestlers.
New Moves Pack – $3.99 (All versions)
- Adds new moves to the list including the Face Wash Combo, the Elbro Drop, the TJP Clutch and Swingout Neckbreaker,
MyPlayer Kick Start – $9.99 (PS4 and Xbox One)
- More control over created Wrestlers rankings
- Access to all attribute boosting clothing in MyCareer Mode
Legends Pack – $8.99 (All versions)
- Access to new wrestlers: Tatanka, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Sycho Sid, Greg ”The Hammer” Valentine and Eddie Guerrero.
Hall of Fame Showcase – $9.99 (All versions)
- Allows the player to play classic wrestling matches with their appropriate backdrop and settings.
- Examples would be: Ivory vs Jacqueline in Smackdown 2000, Sting vs Ric Flair in Clash of Champions in 1988, and Papa Shango vs The Godfather in the Dream Match.
Future Stars Pack – $8.99 (All versions)
- New wrestlers added: Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Mojo Rawley, Tye Dillinger and Karl Anderson.
The Accelerator – $4.99 (All versions)
- Immediate access to WWE 2K17 VC purchasable content
- Control over attributes and rankings for all in-game characters
WWE 2K17 Bundled Options
2K Sports will also make the Season Pass available for gamers who would want to try them all out at once without forking over all the money. The Season Pass will give access to the Accelerator, Future Stars Pack, Hall of Fame Showcase, Legends Pack and New Moves Pack
Wrestling gamers can opt to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition instead if they still do not have a copy of the game. For $89.99, the Digital Deluxe Edition will include:
- The WWE 2K17 game
- WWE 2K17 Season Pass
- WWE 2K17 MyPlayer Kick Start
- WWE 2K16 MyPlayer Kick Start
- Goldberg Pack
- Background Theme (Available to PS4)
PS3 Owners will have a Digital Deluxe Edition as well for $79.99. For more information about the DLCs and future releases, you can read it in the official webpage.
Universe Mode Changes
Cristo Kyriazis, WWE 2K17’s designer in charge of the Universe, recently unveiled detailed information about the new mode. In his article in the official web site, he outlined the changes and the options made available to the player.
According to Kyriazis, Universe Mode will give the players a different level of customization freedom never before seen in the game. It will also do its best to emulate the WWE superstars’ reactions to the matches.
Perhaps the biggest change is that unlike before, the Edit Universe option is gone. Instead, there will be an Edit button in places where the player can make changes. This change hopes to give players more freedom in how they want to make the game feel and look. For more details of the new Universe mode, you can check it out in this article.