Apple has received several complaints across social media from iPhone and iPad users that the recently launched iOS 10 download caused errors on their devices. Apple responds with a quick fix solution.
The much-awaited iOS 10 which launched on Tuesday started off with social media backlash from users who have attempted yet failed to download the update.
Users complain that while downloading the iOS update their devices went were “bricked” where the phone does not turn on. Just like a brick, the phones were useless. Some cases had the Apple logo frozen on the screen — all a result of their iOS 10 download.
iOS 10 update temporarily bricked my iPhone 6s Plus … so yeah, I'd hold off on that. pic.twitter.com/qPFU1bpqZs
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) September 13, 2016
However, Apple immediately responded, apologizing for the inconvenience. It also posted a step-by-step quick fix on their website to restore the devices affected by the iOS 10 download error.
How to Fix Brick iPhone?
These steps will work if the device is experiencing any of the following:
- iTunes doesn’t recognize device or says it’s in recovery mode.
- The Apple logo is frozen on the screen for several minutes with no progress bar.
- The Connect to iTunes appears on screen.
Apple instructs to put the device on Recovery Mode by following these steps:
- Connect the device to a computer and open the latest version of iTunes. If iTunes is already open, close it then connect the device. Those without a computer can visit any Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
- Force restart the device while it is connected. To force restart, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds while waiting for the Apple logo to appears. Keep holding until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Once option to Restore or Update appears, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing the device’s data.
- If the download takes more than 15 minutes device exits recovery mode, repeat the steps and choose Restore instead of Update.
- Finally, after the Update or Restore completes, set up device.
If all else fails, Apple encourages users to contact Apple Support for further assistance.