The official character bios for Square Enix’s upcoming Final Fantasy XV have been released, giving some insight into the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One series debuts narrative.
- Nocis Lucis Caelum, or “Noct” as he is known, our new leading man, suffered a childhood affliction, leaving him with the ability to see peoples approaching deaths. Despite being the heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, Noct is a more of a renegade, rejecting royal convention. However, his loyalty to those around him is beyond doubt.
- Gladiolus Amicitia, a lord of the noble House Amicitia, who are sworn to protect the crown. His bond with Noctis goes deeper than duty and is instead a bond of friendship.
- Ignis Scientiawas weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from birth. He offers his unwavering voice of reason as council for Noctis, with whom he shares a deep mutual understanding, built from years of familiarity.
- Prompto Argentum is a mischievous playboy who knows Noctis from school. Born outside the royal circle has left him with a chip on his shoulder, but he is always eager and willing to help, however he can.
- Lord Commander Cor Leonis is a living legend, his life devoted to the king. Despite him and Noctis rarely seeing eye to eye, he is duty bound to protect him and his followers.
They also released an accompanying text detailing some new the plot details. It reads, “The only crystal left to the world lies in the Kingdom of Lucis. Upon striking a peace with the garrison state of Niflheim, Lucis rejoices in having at last brought the cold war to a close. Their celebrations, however, are premature. Under the guise of amity, Niflheim dispels the anti-armament runewall and launches a full-scale invasion of the kingdom. The peaceful lives Crown Prince Noctis and his entourage once knew are consumed by the flames of war as they struggle to mount a resistance.”
It all sounds pretty interesting so far. It is coming to PS4 and Xbox One but there is no official release as of yet.