Wrestling fans, this month is your month. Prepare yourself for gaming sessions of madness with the upcoming Wrestlemania game this year. But first, orient yourself with this WWE 2K17 review.
The newest installment to 2K Games’ hit sports franchise has players gripping their seats. Players are still allowed to fight in the crowd and backstage areas within the game. 2K17 also features brawls backstage during Falls Count Anywhere and with other no disqualification matches.
The game will also have a secondary submission system, akin to the Breaking Point submission system in earlier games.
However, the game appears jacked with a whopping 135-superstar roster. John Cena, Sasha Banks and The Ultimate Warrior were the first to be revealed in the lineup. Eventually, the McMahons – specifically Stephanie, Shane and Vince- will be playable as well.
DLC: WWE and NXT Superstars Galore
And what’s a game without its DLC? This WWE 2K17 review reveals that the newest downloadable content for the game has tons of exclusive options. According to 2K Games, there are multiple offers inside the Season Pass, the DLC packs, and even the game’s Digital Deluxe edition.
The Accelerator allows players to access all unlockable content at the game’s launch. However, the VC Purchasable section will unlock all content in the game. For $4.99, players can even decide the ranks and attributes of all characters throughout their lives.
However, the Future Stars Pack will let players tinker around with WWE and NXT Superstars. This includes Austin Aries, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Tye Dillinger and Mojo Rawley. Players can buy this pack for $8.99.
They can play more NXT Superstars with NXT Enhancement Pack for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. However, this lets them play as Apollo Crews, Shinsuke Nakamura and Nia Jax. Players will also earn 50-percent points boost every time they compete at NXT in MyCareer. However, they can opt out for the boost and play the NXT Legacy Pack for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 instead. The former costs $9.99, while the latter costs $4.99.
Meanwhile, the Legends Pack will let players access the legends of the industry. Fortunately, for $8.99, they can play as, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Tatanka, Sycho Sid and Eddie Guerrero.
Make Your Mark
Another set of DLCs are specifically for players. Wrestling fans know in this WWE 2K17 review that they can make their own character to play during MyCareer. However, there are DLCs available specifically to cement the experience.
The Hall of Fame Showcase will allow players to relive some of the wrestling’s greatest moments for $9.99. Matches include classic mow down to vicious takeovers. In this WWE 2K17 review, this includes:
- Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)
- Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)
- Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael “PS” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)
- The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael “PS” Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)
- Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)
- Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)
- Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. The Big Show (Armageddon 1999)
However, buying the MyPlay Kick Start for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One brings an array of new options. For $9.99, players can unlock clothing at launch that provides attribute points. However, they even gain access to unlock and boost Superstar ratings for their characters in MyCareer.
The New Moves Pack for $3.99 allows players to have more moves to explore. However, this allows them to equip their Superstars with the firepower to take down opponents. These moves are:
- Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by current WWE Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte);
- the Elbro Drop (made popular by WWE Superstar Zack Ryder);
- the Face Wash Combo (made popular by NXT Superstar Samoa Joe;
- and the TJP Clutch (made popular by current WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins);
- and more
Define your Experience
However, these DLCs and the ones above are available per pack that you want to buy as well.
Players who have the WWE 2K17 Season Pass can get DLC at a reduced price. However, they can save more than 15-percent versus individual purchases. Fortunately, for $29.99, they can already buy the Accelerator, Future Stars, Hall of Fame Showcase, Legends and New Moves pack.
However, the WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe Edition merits players various DLCs as well, depending on their platforms.
- PS4 and Xbox One ($89.99) – available for pre-order now:
- Copy of WWE 2K17;
- WWE 2K17 Season Pass;
- WWE 2K17 MyPlayer Kick Start;
- WWE 2K16 MyPlayer Kick Start (available immediately with pre-order purchase);
- Goldberg Pack (access to two playable Bill Goldberg characters, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas);
- Theme (PS4 only; available immediately with pre-order purchase).
- PS3 ($79.99) – available beginning October 11, 2016:
- Copy of WWE 2K17;
- WWE 2K17 Season Pass;
- NXT Legacy Pack.
According to PlayStation Lifestyle, PS4 owners that are pre-loading the digital version of the game says we have to brace ourselves for a big update. However, an 11GB day one update brings the game’s total size to around 58GB. Xbox One players report the same.
WWE 2K17 will be available for the PlayStation 3 and 4, PC and Xbox 360 and One starting today, October 11. However, the PC version still doesn’t have an official release date.