The Flash season 3 episode 1 is changing everything up with Barry’s decision to go back in time to an alternate universe.
During the season 2 finale entitled “The Race of His Life,” Barry Allen (aka The Flash) goes back in time to prevent the death of his mother from the hands of Harrison Wells (aka Reverse Flash).
This decision to alter time had more implications than Barry would have ever thought.
The Flash Season 3 Episode 1: Flashpoint
In the The Flash season 3 premiere of the series, we will see Barry on a different world with most of the people he knows in somewhat different roles.
Episode 1 is entitled “Flashpoint”, where Barry is in an alternate universe and everything is different. But what exactly is Flashpoint?
According to Inverse, “The person behind Flashpoint was Eobard Thawne, the Reverse-Flash, whose connection to the Speed Force allowed him to go back in time and ruin Barry’s life. Barry chases after Thawne and stops him from killing his mother, affecting the timeline. Barry travels once again to merge with his earlier self to stop the attempt on Thawne, and learns from the immortal Pandora about other universes. Barry then unites the timelines into a third, new timeline.”
Here are 5 things that will happen in The Flash Season 3 Episode 1 (Spoiler Alert):
- Three months past since Barry’s decision to rescue his mother and he is now living happily with his mother and father, Nora and Henry Allen, who are actually dead in the current timeline
- Though Barry still has powers, he is no longer the hero in the alternate universe. He is replaced by Kid Flash.
- While the changes mainly revolve around him, his former allies also no longer know him and their lives have changed as well. Joe, for one is having much trouble with his daughter. Iris and Barry are now strangers.But, according to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg in his EW interview, “Their relationship and their connection seems to be able to survive any changes to the timeline or any universe. There’s always something between them.”
- Cisco is now a billionaire running S.T.A.R. Labs replacement Ramon Industries
- Finally, Barry’s decision brings about two new villains: Doctor Alchemy and Savitar.
The Flash Season 3 Episode 1 premieres Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.