Nope; those leaked screenshots last week weren’t pulled out of the ether by some cruel trickster. There really is a TMNT game coming from none other than Platinum Games.
Enter: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan:
Battle alongside your brothers through the sewers, subways, and streets of NYC to take down Shredder and Krang’s evil organization, Foot by Foot. Unleash custom combat skills and powerful team combos to save Manhattan from the overwhelming dark forces growing in the shadows.
• Assemble your team in 4-player online co-op mode!
• Fight fan-favorite enemies like Bebop and Rocksteady!
• Visually stunning, fast-paced combat true to PlatinumGames’ signature style.
• Gritty comic-inspired art style turns a new chapter in TMNT history!
• Original story penned by IDW Comic’s TMNT author, Tom Waltz.
• Experience the game in a whole new way when you challenge your team in 4 player online co-op mode!
Online multiplayer 1 – 4
Online co-op 2 – 4
Could this finally be a good Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game? Will something finally live up to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time? Let’s hope so.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows was the last attempt at making a game based on the franchise, and that didn’t do so well, but Platinum Games has a fairly spotless track record. Their only real misstep was The Legend of Korra, which was met with fairly mediocre reviews. Fortunately they seemed to be able to buck that trend with Transformers: Devastation. And yes, Anarchy Reins was okay.
Let’s just hope that if Mutants in Manhattan is good, that it’s not the only one game for the next two decades.
Is that too much too ask?